Thursday, February 17, 2011

really?

So being that it was Ben's birthday today, I was kind of thinking that there would be you know a little birthday surprise.  No surprises today, a cardio day and since my back hurt I was still a little worried that I would not be able to push like I normally do.  However, the first round I took it easy to make sure that nothing hurt too bad but gave it my all each round after that.  Lynn, she kicked my ass that first sprint and I was really motivated by that.  She did awesome, never giving up - that's my sister, a fighter until the end.  I like to pick a number during each round, for each of the four stations and try to beat the number that I chose, I made Lynn do the same thing today - even if it is one higher than the last round you are still pushing to get to that number and if you are like me.... I have to beat the number that I thought of.  Don't know why I do this, I was the one that set the damn goal in the first place but oh well it's just who I am.  Anyways, I felt much better after the workout today and I am not nearly as sore as last night, still tender in spots but that pain will be gone soon. 
On a very exciting note.... I get to wear my new jeans to work tomorrow, you remember the ones that are a size smaller.  And Lynn wore a new shirt today that fits her much better and I can so see the changes in her body, she may not see it but those changes are there and they are noticeable.
So with the end of week four almost here, it is really hard to believe that we have done so much to change.  I never thought I would be able to eat a salad for lunch and be content with that, or even eat five small meals a day but I am doing it and I can really feel the difference in myself.  I find that I want to drink water more often and I do not have to force it, it is now a natural reaction.  Weird..
So Ben I hope you had a wonderful birthday, and enjoy that Brownie Sundae thing and the 33 scratch tickets - even though you didn't have to come to the bank and cash in a big winner. LOL Next time.
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment