Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Size 12

When I began this competition I was a size 18, for any woman out there that has been that size you realize that it is not a size 22 but you also know how hard it is to find the cute clothes at the store.  I always felt that I was wearing clothing that was too "old" for me, because that is what fit.  Yesterday, I went to Old Navy to buy a new pair of pants for a job interview and I was daring and tried the size 12 and I seriously almost cried.  I can honestly say that this was one moment that I was truly proud of myself.  I have only had a few moments in my life that I can say that I was proud of myself and so I took a picture of myself in the mirror and sent it to one of my bestest friends.  I needed to share the moment with someone that has encouraged me to keep this up, and that I knew would be so proud of me.  As I left the dressing room, I had a feeling of pure happiness, I had reached the goal that I had set for myself for the twelve week mark and I am so excited to push it further.  I need to show myself that with working hard and pushing through I can truly be the woman that I want.  I was so proud of myself for buying the size 12's that I could have bought more, but I talked myself out of doing that because MY TWELVE WEEKS are not done yet and I am not going to settle.  I have a wonderful support group and I can't thank my people enough for assisting me with this, I have been truly blessed and I will be forever grateful to the people that have helped me through this.  I have had the hardest eleven weeks, missing my kids - having them grab my legs and cry "don't go mommy" I have had tears and been through an emotional roller coaster but this is truly a life changing opportunity and has been one of the best experiences of my life. 
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment